There may be nothing in your home or business that you take for granted more than a properly operating garage door. When you push that button, you depend on the door opening and closing every time.
If you have just purchased a new garage door, you want to get the best return on your investment possible. No matter the age or condition of your door, regular garage door maintenance service is paramount in keeping your garage door operating properly, to extend its useful life, and getting the most out of your investment in your garage door.
Regular garage door preventive maintenance should be performed at least once per year. This is especially true in a climate like ours where there can be weather extremes throughout the year.
You may think that wooden garage door maintenance or regular electric garage door maintenance may not be necessary that frequently but as the old saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Don’t neglect a checklist to inspect and perform regular maintenance on your door and then find yourself with an inoperable garage door at an inopportune time.
What Is Covered in Garage Door Maintenance Service
At STI Garage Door we provide detailed and comprehensive maintenance service on your residential or commercial garage door. This work includes all the parts of your system including automatic garage door maintenance. Our regular garage door maintenance service and inspection includes the following items:
- Inspecting all of the nuts and bolts of your door and tightening where necessary
- Inspecting all torsion springs and their plates and adjusting and lubing as necessary
- Performing garage door chain maintenance
- Inspecting and adjusting all rollers and hinges
- Inspecting and balancing all extension springs
- Performing garage door track maintenance
- Inspecting your vital lifting cables and making precise adjustments as necessary
- Making adjustments to the overhead and side door tracks as necessary
- Checking all parts of the exterior frame and adding lubrication as needed
- Replacing door bottom weather stripping as needed to help keep the outside elements at bay
- Inspecting all of the electrical components of the door system such as the control panel and electric eye system
- Giving you peace of mind by inspecting all safety systems to make sure they are in proper working order
- Maintaining and tuning all remote controls and door opening accessories
- Inspecting the door reversal system to make sure it works properly
As you can see, we make a plan for a comprehensive examination of all of the parts of your garage door system. This regular maintenance service of garage doors will assure the continued proper operation of all parts for your convenience and safety.
How Often Does My Garage Door Need To Be Serviced?
At STI Garage Door we recommend our regular maintenance service on your door on at least an annual basis. We recommend that this service be performed ideally before any cold and inclement weather begins so that you do not find yourself with an inoperable door in weather where you need your garage door to work correctly the most.
If you use your door several times per day, such as in a commercial application, we recommend more regular service intervals during the year. If you find that your door is not operating as well as it has in the past or as you have come to expect, this is also a sign that it is time to schedule a regular maintenance inspection and service for your door.
What Is The Cost Of Garage Door Maintenance?
Regular garage door maintenance cost of a typical garage door can vary depending on a number of factors. In general, we can perform our standard service for less than 85$.
If our inspection finds issues that need to be addressed, your cost may increase. Items that need to be repaired or replaced on your garage door system could increase your cost, but remember that these items will assure you of a properly working garage door at all times.
At STI Garage Door you will always know what work we will do and what it will cost up front before we start any work. Our written estimate assures you that we will not run up your costs during the work and then tell you about it after the fact.
Why You Should Choose STIGarageDoor for Garage Door Maintenance?
Now that you know how vital regular maintenance on your garage door is, your next question is surely who to use to do your maintenance. With so many companies to choose from, how can you be sure you are getting the best?
- STI Garage Door does nothing but garage doors, that is all we do! Some companies may dabble in this business as part of a larger group of services they offer, but we are solely focused on the garage door industry.
- What makes us unique is our years of experience in this industry. We are a local area leader in all facets of the garage door industry including installation, upgrades, maintenance, and repair.
- We pride ourselves on our highly-trained, professional, and courteous staff that truly care about your business. From your first contact with us, to our warranty of service after the sale to guarantee the job is done right and keeps working right for years to come.
Simply fill out our online service form or give us a call. Our friendly customer service staff will schedule you an appointment at a time that is convenient for you at your location and our highly skilled technicians will get the job done right the first time and at a price you can afford!