Should you get wooden garage door?
Wood is one of the most popular material for garage doors. Wood offers a timeless appeal, evenmore for old homes. But this beautiful material can cause problems for the host, as well.
So we compiled pros and cons before you will decide if to get a wooden garage door.
- First wooden garage door are classic and beautiful suitable for most dishings, can increase sharply your curb appeal and the value of your home.
- Wooden garage door can be built to suit any garage door opening, it is a very versatile material. It can fit unusual size or has a sloped entrance more easily than with other materials.
- Has great soundproofing. If you live in a busy street you will be more than grateful for the wooden door.
- Easily to change and customize. You can paint it ano curve it anytime you renovating your home.
- They hard to damage and most wooden doors are difficult to dent, scratch, and pill. Even if you manage to do the impossible and you did damage garage door is easy to repair.
- Big wooden garage door are usually heavy due to their shier size. You will require to add to the deal a heavy-duty garage door opener to handle the weight.
- You need to keep manually maintain it. Wood garage doors take more care than other garage door materials. You will need to sand and paint it from time to time.
- More expensive than some other materials, so you will need larger initial investment. While a good wood garage door will last a long time, they require to open the wallet.
IS IT FOR YOU
If you are looking for a beautiful garage door that will complement your home’s decor and you don’t care about the investment or about the maintenance, the wooden garage door is the door for you. You can contact us if you have more questions, let us help you to find the perfect garage door for you.