Many homeowners think that a malfunctioning garage door opener is something they can fix themselves. The thing is that the issue may not be obvious or it may be the result of several problems in your system.
Isn’t the whole point of having an automatic garage door opener so that every time you push that button the door opens or closes? Your automatic garage door opener makes your garage far more convenient and provides users with more safety and security and its flawless operation is vital in maintaining that convenience.
The Reasons Garage Door Opener Broken Down
There are a number of factors that can cause your automatic garage door system to break down. This may include items like:
- A worn opener motor. Just as with any motor, over time the parts and systems will begin to breakdown and may need to be repaired or replaced.
- A disruption in the power source. This may be as simple as the motor coming unplugged or it may be as complex and dangerous as frayed or broken power wires.
- Damage to the door components. While you may think a door is not opening because of automatic opener it could also be other parts of your garage door. Broken springs, work cables, bent rollers or doors that have jumped from their track or any other issues with door hardware could also be the culprit.
- Misaligned and broken safety eyes. Does your opener’s light just blink when you press the button? The cause may actually be broken or misaligned photo eye sensors. Your door is telling you something. It is not safe so it will not operate.
- Broken electronics and remotes. If any of the electronics of your system are malfunctioning, such as remote controls and keypads, your door may not operate and garage door opener remote repair may be necessary.
- Damage to the opener bracket. If your opener is not properly attached to your garage ceiling, garage door opener bracket repair can likely solve the issue.
- A seal that is not properly seated. A misaligned or damaged bottom seal may prevent your door from closing properly.
- Malfunctioning lock. It is possible that a malfunctioning door lock is keeping your automatic door from operating properly.
How Much Does It Cost to Repair a Garage Door Opener?
As you can see, there are a number of factors that can contribute to an inoperable residential garage door opener. In general, the cost for garage door opener repair service will run between $150 and $200 again depending on the problems and issues that are found.
To get an idea of a price for garage door opener repair and service, the first step is to do a thorough inspection of all of the parts of the garage door system. Our well-trained technicians will make sure they give you a good idea of exactly what is not working and why.
While garage door opener repair cost, of course, can be a concern, STI Garage Door is committed to making the process as cost-effective as possible. Take a look at our current list of specials to see how you can save on the garage door opener spring repair today.
Why You Should Choose STI Garage Door?
At STI Garage Door, all we do is garage doors. We are the areas leading reputable experts at all facets of the garage door industry from installation, to maintenance to repair.
Our highly trained team of technicians will accurately diagnose any issues. They will then give you a written estimate of the exact work to be done and the cost with no surprise charges or added fees.
Our friendly, professional customer service staff is standing by right now to walk you through the process of making your next appointment. They are ready to answer any of your questions and concerns and get you started on the road to a great garage door repair experience.
Fill out our online form or give us a call anytime 24/7 and let STI Garage Door show you why customers love our 5-star work and come back to STI Garage Door time after time!