Regular garage door maintenance should be done twice a week. This way, you can reduce the chance of your garage door breaking and, as a result, save money on future repairs.
Most maintenance is easy enough to do yourself, but it’s wiser to trust a professional for some tasks.
An average technician’s fee for garage door maintenance is about $85.
Their services will include:
- Checking, lubricating, and tightening screws and hinges as needed. This costs about $5.
- Testing sensors. If necessary, repair or replacement of garage door safety sensors. A pair of new sensors cost about $40.
- Cleaning and lubricating the tracks. This costs $5-$10.
- Inspecting and, if necessary, replacing rollers. The rollers don’t need to be replaced often. On average, they last 5 to 7 years.
- Inspecting and repairing pulleys and cables as needed.
- Tightening chains and belts.
- Checking and replacing weather stripping if necessary.
- Garage door alignment.
- Checking and replacing batteries and light bulbs.
Garage Door Service