Cost of the garage door opener. A modern garage door opener costs from $120 to $288. The price depends on the type, brand, and model of your garage door, different features of the garage door opener, etc.
There are four garage door opener types: chain-driven ($120 – $270), belt-driven ($180 – $345), and screw-driven ($210 – $275). The most expensive ones are direct-driven openers. They cost between $270 and $440. All of these openers have specific features that could match your specific needs. You can choose the right garage door opener concerning your requirements and budget.
In addition to installing the garage door opener itself, you may also need to install additional components, such as
- remote – $25 to $40
- keypad – $26 to $60
- lighting – $50 to $150
- sensors – $50 to $100
- automatic locking – $85
- battery backup – $100
- connectivity – $150 to $400
- security camera – $100
Cost of installation. Garage door opener installation typically costs between $127 and $199. Installing a garage door opener takes about two hours and costs $60 to $100 per hour. The price doesn’t usually include the removal of the old opener, so you might need to pay extra for that. Also, if your garage door is taller than 7 ft, you may have to purchase an extension kit for about $50.
All in all, to install a garage door, you’re looking at about a thousand dollars.
Garage Door Service
- How much does emergency garage door service cost after hours?
- How much does garage door maintenance cost?
- How much does a double-wide garage door replacement cost?
- How much does it cost to repair a garage door frame?
- How much does garage door bottom seal installation cost?
- How much does it cost to repair a garage door sensor?
- How much does it cost to repair the frame around the garage door?
- How much could an emergency garage door repair cost?