Garage door torsion springs usually last about 10,000 cycles of opening and closing the door. In time, they wear out and break. But wear and tear are not the only causes of torsion spring failure. It can break much earlier.
The only way to fix a broken torsion spring is to replace it. Even if only one torsion spring is broken, it is better to replace both at once. This is much more cost-effective than replacing each spring individually.
One torsion spring costs anywhere from $40 to $100, depending on the size of the spring.
The technician’s fee for replacing the spring is roughly $45 to $65. The price for the job will not change regardless of whether you replace one or two springs.
Altogether, replacing one torsion spring costs between $85 and $165. Replacing two torsion springs simultaneously will cost between $125 and $265.
Garage Door Service
- How much does emergency garage door service cost after hours?
- How much does garage door maintenance cost?
- How much does a double-wide garage door replacement cost?
- How much does it cost to repair a garage door frame?
- How much does garage door bottom seal installation cost?
- How much does it cost to repair a garage door sensor?
- How much does it cost to repair the frame around the garage door?
- How much could an emergency garage door repair cost?