Adjust the Chamberlain garage door opener settings in these few steps:
- Find the safety reversing sensor inside the garage door. And make sure it is plugged in and properly positioned. The lights on the sensor should be on when the door is closed. Note that the garage door should not open or close if the sensor is locked.
- Open the garage door with the garage door opener. Locate the adjustment screws on the overhead motor. Turn the adjustment screws counterclockwise. One complete turn equals 2 inches of travel of the garage door.
- Test the door after making the adjustments. Close the door and try to lift it manually with the red manual release handle. If the door closes smoothly, close it and leave it unattached. Activate the opener. That way, the inner trolley will pass through the outer trolley without reconnecting. If everything works as desired, place the opening device on the back or side panel. Increase the current value on the upward force adjustment by 10 points.
- Test the changes again. Place an object in the closing path of the garage door. Activate the opening device to close the garage door. The sensors should recognize the obstruction, and the garage door should return to the open position. The LED light should flash. Remove the obstruction. Again try to close the garage door with the garage door opener. The door should now close smoothly.
Was this helpful?1031-23cookie-checkHow to adjust a Chamberlain garage door opener?
Garage Door Service
Garage Door Service
- How much does emergency garage door service cost after hours?
- How much does garage door maintenance cost?
- How much does a double-wide garage door replacement cost?
- How much does it cost to repair a garage door frame?
- How much does garage door bottom seal installation cost?
- How much does it cost to repair a garage door sensor?
- How much does it cost to repair the frame around the garage door?
- How much could an emergency garage door repair cost?