Incorrect limits on the garage door opener may cause malfunction when activated.
Adjust the garage door opener limits following these steps:
Close the garage door with the opener. Measure the distance from the edge of the door to the floor.
Open the garage door with the opener. Take the same measurements.
Now you know precisely how to adjust the limits of the opener.
On the side of the garage door opener, find the UP and DOWN limit adjustment screws.
Use a flathead screwdriver to turn the screws. Clockwise rotation of the UP limit screw will increase the limit and vice versa.
To increase the DOWN limit, turn the DOWN screw counterclockwise. Clockwise rotation will decrease the limit.
Each complete turn of the switch equals 3 inches of door movement.
Open and close the garage door to check how its movement has changed.
Garage Door Service
- How much does emergency garage door service cost after hours?
- How much does garage door maintenance cost?
- How much does a double-wide garage door replacement cost?
- How much does it cost to repair a garage door frame?
- How much does garage door bottom seal installation cost?
- How much does it cost to repair a garage door sensor?
- How much does it cost to repair the frame around the garage door?
- How much could an emergency garage door repair cost?