The price for installing an automatic garage door opener will depend on the company you hire to handle the installation and the opener’s brand and model. We will look at the average price for this service on the market.
So, when calculating the cost of installing a garage door opener, you should consider the following expenses:
1. Automatic garage door opener: $130 to $690.
This is the highest and lowest price for a garage door opener in the U.S. The cost is affected by both the individual features of the garage door opener and the manufacturer.
This cost usually includes
- 1/2 HP chain drive with two remote control keypads
- Rail mounting system
2. The price of installation: $134 to $320.
- Assembly of the unit and preparation of supporting brackets
- Installation of a non-switched branch circuit with a grounded receptacle
- Wiring of the head unit to the power outlet
- Installation of the opening switch
- Programming of the remote control
- Installation and configuration of the actuator mechanism
3. Supplies: $19 to $22
- Corrosion-resistant fasteners
- Flashing and exterior grade caulking
- Weather stripping and sealants
4. Equipment allowance: $29 to $48
- Pneumatic framing nailer
- 12″ miter saw and 3 1/4″ electric planer
- Daily rental
All in all, the average cost of installing an automatic garage door opener ranges from $389 to $703.
Garage Door Service
- How much does emergency garage door service cost after hours?
- How much does garage door maintenance cost?
- How much does a double-wide garage door replacement cost?
- How much does it cost to repair a garage door frame?
- How much does garage door bottom seal installation cost?
- How much does it cost to repair a garage door sensor?
- How much does it cost to repair the frame around the garage door?
- How much could an emergency garage door repair cost?