Program the chamberlain garage door opener in seven simple steps:
1. Check the compatibility of the remote control with your garage door opener:
- The opener must have a manufactured date of 1993 or later.
- The garage door features photoelectric sensors. If the opener uses a dip switch, you will not be able to connect the Chamberlain remote control.
- The opener model should be compatible with the remote control.
2. Prepare your remote control panel for programming:
- On your remote control, find the programming button.
- Press and hold it until the LED indicator on the remote control turns on.
3. Program the selected button on the remote control:
- Select a button on the remote control.
- Press it as many times as indicated by the color of the learn button.
Yellow button – press once.
Purple button – press twice.
Orange or red button – press three times.
Green button – press four times.
Now press and release any other button on the remote control.
4. Use the control panel to program the garage door opener. This method will work for you if you have a control panel. There are different control panels, and the programming process depends on the panel’s type.
If the control panel has a “Learn” button, press and release it twice.
If the control panel has an LCD screen, take the following steps:
- Press the menu button.
- Find and select the “Program” option.
- Now locate and select the option “Remote.”
If the control panel looks like a doorbell, press and hold the button on the side. At the same time, press the button on the front. Wait for the light to turn on.
5. Use the “Learn” button inside the doorbell. This method will work for you if you don’t have a control panel. Find the button inside the opener and quick-press it. The LED should light up.
6. Complete the setup. Press and hold the learn button for 30 seconds. On the remote control, press and hold the selected button.
The LED indicators inside the door opener and next to the learn button should light up at the same time.
7. Check the correct setting. Press the button on the remote control. The door should open without any issues.
Garage Door Service